The treatment involves the gauging out of circle sized chunks of your scalp that contained hair follicles. The area of the scalp that had no hair was then cut in such a way as to allow the plugs to be put in. As you can imagine, this left massive circle shaped scars at the donor site. These later formed thick-skinned dimples that protruded from the scalp.
Individuals looking for an invasive procedure can choose between Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT).
- Follicular Unit Extraction – individual follicular units containing 1-4 hairs are removed under local anesthesia. The surgeon then punches them in to the target area using a specific device.
- Follicular Unit Transplant – the traditional hair transplant method. It involves the extracting of a linear strip of hair bearing skin from the back side of the scalp. The strip is then processed in order to obtain individual hair grafts.
For individuals looking for a non-invasive and cost effective solution for their hair loss symptoms, scalp micropigmentation is an appealing option.
WHAT IS SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION?
Scalp micropigmentation is the fastest growing solution in the history of hair loss prevention – that is a fact. From thinning hair and male pattern baldness to scarring and the various forms of alopecia, scalp micropigmentation is the only solution that provides results.
In just the last decade, the industry has grown from zero to over 1500 technicians worldwide. With more than 150,000 men and women now thought to have had the procedure, the industry is experiencing an unprecedented rate of growth.
At GEROW HAIR INK we’ve always said that we love what we do and that seeing our clients happy was our only satisfaction. When we started on this journey, scalp micropigmentation was a grass roots movement.
We were committed to make hair loss a thing of the past and provide both Men & Women with a better option that didn’t involve invasive and in most cases damaging surgery.
Now looking back after nearly a decade of excellence and dedication we feel honored to be widely recognized as the worlds leading Scalp Micropigmentation Provider. We’ve been to conferences from Brazil to Poland, featured on popular accounts on Instagram like THE SHADE ROOM, EL PROFE SHOW, MR.COMMODORE and now more recently featured on BET.
HAIR LOSS SUMMARY
- 95% of hair loss found in men is caused by male pattern baldness
- The earlier symptoms show themselves the more severe the hair loss will be.
- Male Pattern Baldness also known as androgenetic alopecia is an inherited trait
- Most men, roughly 66% will see signs of hair loss starting from their teens until the age of thirty-five
- By the time you notice any thinning, there is a good chance you’ve already lost more than 50% of your hair
- Male pattern baldness is not an illness so don’t be ashamed nor worried!
- Common signs of hair loss include but are not limited to: combing out excessive amounts of hair, shedding on pillows, and difficulty maintain hairstyles you had in the past
If you are going to take anything from this piece it should be the hair loss summary. These are tell-tale signs that you are losing your hair. It should be clear however, that while we outlined ways to self-diagnose, it should not take precedence over being seen by a qualified medical professional.
Is male pattern baldness preventable? Unfortunately no, there is no way to completely prevent MPB. While hair loss isn’t a nice thing to go through, it should be made clear that from a medical point of view there is no need to treat MPB. However, with that being said, there are (as mentioned above) plenty of options one can explore to treat male pattern baldness or any other form of hair loss.