All Natural Remedies For Hair Growth
Our modern lifestyle, the use of toxic products and exposing ourselves to pollution are just a few of factors that lead to the deterioration of follicles and eventually, hair loss. In this article I have listed 10 all natural remedies that can reduce the damage to your hair follicles and promote healthy hair regrowth.
1. Aloe Vera
The first and by far the most popular natural remedy is Aloe Vera. Yes, the ingredient that everyone you know swears by as the cure-all for all manners of beauty related problems such as promoting hair growth to reducing inflammation.
Aloe Vera has both anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties among several others (more about this in a future article) that make it a good choice for both your hair and your scalp.
Aloe Vera works by soothing the scalp which creates the optimum environment for your hair cells to repair themselves and flourish. It should be stated that Aloe Vera has not been proven to cure hair loss directly which would involve the reduction of Dihydro testosterone (DHT) instead, it has an indirect effect on the hair follicles.
One of the things that Aloe Vera promotes is an increased blood flow, a critical factor necessary for healthy hair growth. With respect to hair follicles, our blood carries oxygen as well as many other nutrients that are integral for hair growth. However, inflammation caused by patterned hair loss results in the blood flow to slowly decrease and thus lead to hair loss.
What can you do?
- Acquire a leaf from an Aloe Vera plant (as fresh as possible)
- Use a knife to cut away the surface (top-side) of the leaf to expose the gel beneath it
- Use a spoon to collect the gel
- Rub the gel directly into the scalp and let it sit for 45 minutes to an hour
- Use a shampoo that is not too aggressive and wash both your hair and scalp
- Don’t forget to use a conditioner (preferably one with essential oils)
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a week or as needed
2. Onion Juice, mineral benefit for hair
Yes, you aren’t reading this wrong, onion juice has long been a favored natural hair loss treatment that actually works. This natural remedy works in a similar fashion as Aloe Vera in that it reduces inflammation and has anti-microbial properties while also promoting collagen growth.
Onion juice is a popular choice due to the many beneficial minerals it contains such as dietary sulfur. Sulfur is one of the most common minerals in the body and it is essential for the adequate production of both enzymes and proteins. Sulfur is also found within keratin, a fibrous structural protein which is a key structural material in hair. Increasing the levels of sulfur will provide the hair with the nourishment to grow stronger and thicker hair.
What can you do?
- Acquire and peel four onions (as fresh as possible)
- Extract the juice out of the onions either by squeezing them or running them through a juicer
- Apply and massage the juice on both your scalp (make sure to get to the roots)
- Rinse after at least 15 minutes have passed or, leave on over night and then rinse it off using a shampoo in the morning (follow up with a good conditioner)
- If the smell is over powering you can add a little bit of lemon juice to neutralize the odor of the onions
- You can also add a few drops of essential oils such as peppermint, rosemary and lavender for a similar effect
3. Fish Oil, positive effects for hair
Fish oil is one of the most commonly consumed dietary supplements. What makes this natural remedy so special? It’s rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which is extremely important since it is essential for our bodies to function.
Omega-3 fatty acids are an integral part of cell membranes of all types, and affect the function of cell receptors that are in these cell membranes. Furthermore, they provide the starting point in the production of hormones which regulate blood clotting, the relaxation and contraction of artery walls and most importantly, inflammation.
Due to its regulatory properties with respect to both blood flow and inflammation, omega-3 fatty acids have been found to promote hair growth by increasing blood flow to hair follicles. The increase in blood flow also brings with it vital nutrients that triggers hair growth while also promoting hair strength.
Omega-3 fatty acids benefits for hair
- Prevents hair follicle inflammation, a factor that is directly related to hair loss
- Promotes circulation in the scalp which may trigger hair growth
- Provides proteins and nutrients which are essential to healthy hair follicles and skin
What can you do?
The human body can produce most of the types of fats needed from raw materials or other fats. However, that is not the case for omega-3 fatty acids. Known as essential fats, the body is unable to make them from scratch and instead, it must acquire them from the food we consume. Foods such as fish, vegetable oils, nuts (especially walnuts), flax seeds/oil, and leafy vegetables contain high concentrations of omega-3 fatty acids.
It is recommended that you speak to your doctor for a suitable amount of fish oil that you should take according to your health situation. They will take into account any medications/supplements that you may taking.
4. Coconut Oil, protective barrier for hair
Over the last several years coconut oil has grown massively in popularity as a health supplement, in skincare products, shampoos, conditioners and other hair treatments. Lauric acid is the primary saturated fat in coconut oil and when used topically it acts to slow the growth of certain types of bacterial fungi/viruses. Additionally, lauric acid also has anti-inflammatory properties, a familiar constant among all of the natural remedies listed in this article.
It must be noted that it has not been scientifically proven that coconut oil directly promotes hair growth. On the other hand however, coconut oil is effective in strengthening hair follicles and nourishing the scalp.
Coconut oil benefits for hair:
- Coconut oil is similar to sebum – the body’s natural oil that keeps the scalp from drying out while also coating hair roots to protect them from damage
- Coconut oil has lauric acid that helps bind the proteins that make up hair follicles, protecting the strands and preventing breakage
- Known to penetrate the hair shaft which protects it from excess heat and environmental pollutants
- Contains anti-bacterial/fungal properties which prevent infections that would otherwise inhibit hair growth
- Massaging the scalp with coconut oil helps to improve blood circulation which further ensures that the nutrients reach and nourish the hair follicles
What can you do?
- Thoroughly wash your hair with shampoo (do not condition)
- Heat some coconut oil in a bowl
- Once your hair has completely dried, start applying it to your hair and massage it into your scalp
- Comb your hair to ensure that the oil has been soaked in your scalp and coated every strand of hair
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it for 45 minutes or over night
- Rinse it off with shampoo
- Repeat this process when ever you plan on washing your hair
5. Rosemary Oil, indirect beneficial effect on hair
Rosemary is a culinary and healing herb that has been used in food and medicine for centuries. Much like peppermint, cinnamon and oregano, rosemary is most often found and used in its essential oil form. Essential oils are a natural product extracted from a single plant species.
Rosemary oil benefits for hair:
The notion that using rosemary oil leads to hair growth may have been derived from its basic health benefits.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Improves local blood circulation (when applied and massaged onto scalp)
- Has rich anti-oxidative qualities which protect against the accumulation of free radicals which damage cells
What can you do?
- Bring two cups of water to a boil and add the rosemary leaves to it
- Let it boil for 15 minutes before straining it
- Strain the liquid and set it aside for it to cool
- Wash and condition your hair as usual and then pour the rosemary infused water through your hair as a final rinse
- Massage your scalp for a couple of minutes after using the treatment for an increased effect
Scalp Micropigmentation, An Emerging Treatment Option
WHAT IS SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION?
Scalp micropigmentation (SMP) is an advanced permanent cosmetic hair loss treatment option for both men and women. It involves the creation of follicular hair uni sized impressions in the scalp that perfectly mimic an individuals own hair follicles.
It uses techniques similar to that of tattooing to create hair follicle-sized impressions of pigment. These impressions are designed and applied in a way to perfectly replicate the appearance of natural hair on areas of the scalp that have experienced hair loss. We tailor each treatment to match each individuals hair and skin color over the course of two to three sessions.
Scalp micropigmentation is the fastest growing solution in the history of hair loss prevention – that is a fact. From thinning hair and male pattern baldness to scarring and the various forms of alopecia, scalp micropigmentation is the only solution that provides results.In just the last decade, the industry has grown from zero to over 1500 technicians worldwide. With more than 150,000 men and women now thought to have had the procedure, the industry is experiencing an unprecedented rate of growth.
Book your free no obligation consultation (remote quotes available) and see how scalp micropigmentation works first hand with our hair simulation technique!
Well? What are YOU waiting for?!!! Follow the link and join the 10,000+ people that GOTITDONE. There is literally nothing to lose!
The bottom line
With anything if you want to achieve a goal you must come up with a plan and more importantly, be consistent. The same can be said if you want to improve your hair. It is important to note that the treatments may need to be done for several months before there are any noticeable results.
Lastly, be creative! Mix the remedies together and test new combinations as much as you like!
Gerow Hair Ink
At GEROW HAIR INK we’ve always said that we love what we do and that seeing our clients happy was our only satisfaction. We started this journey when scalp micropigmentation was just a grass roots movement. Now, after over a decade of commitment to excellence as it’s champions we are proud to say that it has become a mainstream option.
We are committed to make living with hair loss a thing of the past by providing both men and women with a better option that doesn’t involve invasive and in most cases damaging surgery.
- Figure 1: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320081.php
- Figure 2: https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/herbs-and-spices/onion.html
- Figure 3: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/17-health-benefits-of-omega-3
- Figure 4: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/top-10-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coconut-oil
- Figure 5: https://uncategory.com/rosemary-oil/
- Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx4gfrwsWLs
- Video 2: Gerow Hair Ink – https://www.instagram.com/gerowhairink/?utm_source=ig_embed